This summer, the Triangle Lab will partner with Portland, Oregon-based Sojourn Theatre to host a series of workshops taught by Sojourn founder and Artistic Director Michael Rohd.
Session 1, Devising Theatre: Making New Performance Collaboratively, takes place July 29-31 and will explore the techniques and strategies Sojourn Theatre Rohd uses in collaborative work with groups in a variety of settings to:
- create original performance material from a variety of starting impulses;
- examine the potential of site-based and participatory activity;
- explore social & political issues through collaborative conceptual, improvisational & physical investigations;
- build skills of leadership and authorship for collaborative new work development settings.
Session 2, Devising Civic Practice: Partnering & Creating Arts-Based Engagement, takes place August 2-4 and is aimed at not just theater artists but also anyone whose work is in visual arts, multidisciplinary practice, and social practice. This session will explore the techniques and strategies Rohd uses to:
- build partnerships between artists and non-arts sector partners;
- broaden the conceptual and tactical approaches available for imagining new projects and programming that respond to non-arts partner needs;
- develop facilitation structures for civic dialogue around challenging community identified issues;
- establish process tools to aid collaboration and co-authorship on cross-discipline and cross sector projects.
For complete details, including registration costs and other info, and a bio of Rohd, visit the Sojourn Theatre website.